Saturday, May 12, 2012

Isaiah

Our nephew sweet Isaiah Benjamin was born to Alathea & Justin and big brother Henry on May 9th and went home to our Lord that night.  We love him; he is missed.  These are some of the verses my brother Paul read at his service:

Psalm 86:1-11
  1 Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer;
      answer me, for I need your help.
     7 I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble,
      and you will answer me.
   12 With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God.
      I will give glory to your name forever,
   13 for your love for me is very great.
      You have rescued me from the depths of death.

Isaiah 43:1-3
    1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you.
      O Israel, the one who formed you says,
   “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
      I have called you by name; you are mine.
   2 When you go through deep waters,
      I will be with you.
   When you go through rivers of difficulty,
      you will not drown.
   When you walk through the fire of oppression,
      you will not be burned up;
      the flames will not consume you.
   3 For I am the LORD, your God,
      the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. 



Revelation 21:1-4
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
   3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.[a] 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” 

Isaiah 65:19-21
   19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
      and delight in my people.
   And the sound of weeping and crying
      will be heard in it no more.     

20 “No longer will babies die when only a few days old.
      No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life.
   No longer will people be considered old at one hundred!
      Only the cursed will die that young!

Revelation 21:5
 5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”

No comments: