Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 3

- Day 1: Lucy (sans diaper) has no clue what's going on. I'm no more than arms-length away from her all day and am getting good at noticing when she's going/about to go and picking her up and RUNNING her to the bathroom.

- Day 2: Lucy is not telling me before the act. Today is a total repeat of Day 1 except that I make the mistake of playing hide-n-seek with her (letting her get more than arms-length away). Hide-n-seek is really me sitting on the floor then Lucy running out of the room yelling "Hide me! Hide me!" She's gone 2 seconds then runs back before repeating. This time she runs back yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!" She was obviously pleased with herself, held my hand, took me to the spot and pointed. #2 (on the floor).

- Day 3: I'm not so hopeful this 3-day thing is going to work. She wakes up; I take off her nighttime pull-up, and she runs around in her t-shirt. We eat breakfast then she starts playing. Suddenly she throws down her toy, yells "Mommy! Mommy!" and runs straight to the bathroom. I couldn't believe it. And that's how the rest of the day went. I think she's got it (but I'll still keep an extra set packed in my purse).

3 comments:

Yuriko said...

Way To Go Lucy!!! You aced it!

Katie said...

That is HIGHLY impressive.

Mary Jane said...

Such a smart girl! Way to go Lucy...and mommy!